There are lots of different options for motorized shades, from wonderful pre-made and DIY to custom shades.
Custom shades often save homeowners a lot of time, hassle, headache, and stress. While there are some great kinds of pre-made, off-the-shelf shades out there, there are a lot of arguments to be made in favor of ordering custom shades for your home:
- Custom Means Custom – If you have an oddly shaped window, need shades to fit around a door handle, or have a unique color-match need, custom shades are the way to go. The sky is the limit when it comes to creating the exact shades you and your home need.
- Customer Support – The vast majority of custom-made window shades come with built-in customer support, as each shade is made to the customer’s specifications. You are usually free to get help with installation, troubleshooting and even maintenance questions. This is especially true if, for some reason, your custom shades don’t fit. Pre-made shades often don’t fit right, and homeowners are left to figure out the issue by themselves, which can often lead to damage and costly repairs. Custom shades come with much better customer service and support by nature.
- Eco Friendly – Custom shades are also more eco-friendly than other kinds as less adjustments and modifications means less waste. Also, a better fitting shade will mean better insulation and higher energy efficiency.
- Convenience – Custom shades are the definition of convenience. You order them to your specifications, install them and move on. There is no need to settle for less that your ideal home vision or waste time making shades fit.
- Easy Installation – Ready-made shades you can buy off the shelf are made in a few standard sizes. However, everyone’s home is different. What may be standard for one home may not fit on another. In fact, many homes have window spaces that differ from room to room. Even differences as small as fractions of an inch can make installation a pain with cutting and shimming to try and get perfection. With custom shades, you can order each pair to fit exactly, down to a 1/16th of an inch, where they need to without any extra work. A custom shades frame will mount right on the window opening, allowing you to spend the time you have focusing on hanging the shades panels on the frame.
- Quality – Though custom shades can be more costly than pre-made, this additional cost often means higher quality. Custom window shades can be made from almost any kind of wood or material to meet your specifications or home needs and are crafted with an eye for detail and design.
Don’t settle for something less than perfect for your home. If you want to get great motorized shades for your home, McNeill Palm is here to help. You can pay us a visit or give us a call today for more information on what we can do for you and your windows.