Window shutters, motorized shades, and blinds don’t just help with the energy efficiency and comfort of your home. Adding motorized shades or any other window treatment to your house can also bring your home lots of style and personality. From neutral to bold, the color of your motorized shades is a big part of your home’s style. Once you choose the window style and type of the frame for your covering you have to choose the color. There are a lot of different things to consider when choosing color for your coverings, such as:
- Wood – There are also lots of different wood colors and stains if you choose wood shutter or shades. From light oak and cherry to dark oak, wood motorized shades are always beautiful.
- Matching – While you don’t have to have your shutters, blinds, or shades the same color on the interior and the exterior, you do need to make sure that the colors match either your interior walls or your exterior walls. Be sure to take the color of your walls and exterior of your house into consideration when choosing window covering color. You need to be sure that the color of your coverings matches or compliments the color of your walls. You don’t want to choose a color that clashes or competes, as that will look tacky or overwhelming. Try consulting a color wheel or your motorized shades expert to help you choose a color that works.
- Interior and Exterior – You don’t have to have your coverings the same color on the interior and the exterior. In fact, many homes have motorized shades that are one color on the outside and a different color on the inside.
- Going Neutral – Oftentimes a bold window covering color would clash too much with your existing home design. Neutrals are often a simple and stylish choice for motorized shades to make the color scheme consistent and complimentary throughout your home. Good neutral shutter, shade or blind colors that work well are beiges, off-whites, browns, tans, and almonds. These hues add depth to your window and room design without clashing or drawing too much attention.
- No Color – Just because motorized shades come in colors doesn’t mean that you have to choose to have a color. White and off-white coverings are timeless, clean and classic. They will match any home décor or design so you don’t have to worry about what will happen if you choose to repaint or redesign a room in the future. White motorized shades are also a good compromise if you can’t decide on a bolder color.
- Going Bold – You can also go bold with your window covering color. If you have a more neutral exterior or have simple interior walls, you can certainly choose a window covering with a bit more personality and flair.
You can choose from a wide range of window covering styles to bring some personality to your home. You can also choose the color of your new window covering. Do you want to choose the best motorized shades for your home? Call or visit today us to learn more.