From exterior shutters to interior shutters and standard to motorized shades, the possibilities are endless for you to get style, function, and comfort for your home.
Motorized shades and shutters offer a range of benefits for homes. Some of the best benefits are:
- Longevity – Shutters and motorized shades can be permanent additions to your home, unlike other kinds of window treatments that need to be replaced often.
- Home Value – Shutters and motorized shades can increase a home’s resale value.
- Privacy – Shutter louvres and shades can be adjusted to allow light into the room while still maintaining privacy.
- Safety – Reduce the risk of children or pets getting injured on dangling cords and strings with shades and shutters.
- Light Control – Shutters and motorized shades are great at blocking out light for better light control in rooms you may wish to darken periodically. They are also great for personalizing the amount of light by adjusting the louvres or panels.
- Full Window Use – Shades and shutters are hinged in the window opening so you have full access to the window.
These are just a few of the many benefits of motorized shades and shutters.
If you’re interested in getting some window shutters for your home, you do need to spend some time thinking about what kind you might want to get. There are many different kinds of interior shutters to choose from, with the most popular being louvred shutters. They have horizontal slots that overlap to give privacy and light control as well as a chic rustic style. You can get louvres of different sizes to achieve the exact look and control you want. There are many pre-made sized available, or you can order custom sizes. You can also get plantation shutters. Plantation interior shutters are stately, giving any room a hint of classic Southern charm. They can lengthen the appearance of a window while offering great shade and privacy, making any home more functional and stylish.
Board and batten shutters have arrangements of vertical battens and horizontal boards with measurements that can be customized depending on your preferences. They offer a more modern or industrial style. Don’t forget raised panel shutters! Raised panel interior shutters are simple and sleek. They have rectangular openings and are latched alongside the window, making them ideal for smaller or singular windows.
These are just a few of the many different kinds of interior shutters you can get for your home. You can always order pre-made shutters, or, if nothing strikes your fancy, you can also order custom shutters to be exactly how you want them to. From adding style or shade, function or privacy, interior shutters and motorized shades are a great choice for almost any home.
Want to learn more about motorized shades and shutters? McNeill Palm is here to help. We have years of experience we would love to put at your disposal. Please stop by or give us a call at today for more information on what we can do for you and your home.