Don’t lose sleep over what kind of motorized shades to use in your bedrooms. For starters, shades are already a great candidate for bedroom window coverings. But also, the many different kinds of shades offer plenty of variations that allow you to find bedroom window treatments. Here are just a few of the many, many reasons why motorized shades are a great choice for you and your bedroom:
- Privacy – Privacy is key when it comes to your bedroom. Some window treatments, like curtains, don’t offer as much privacy as you would want. This is especially true for bedrooms that are on the first floor or have windows that face the street or an alley. Shades provide ideal bedroom privacy as you can partially open them to let in light while still maintaining privacy. You can get shades with different opacities to personalize your privacy even more.
- Simple Style – Shades come in a wide range of styles and colors, allowing you to easily find the perfect ones to complement and match your bedroom décor. Check out different colors and materials to find the exact look you want. Various stains and wood grains look good with different room colors and styles. The same goes for colored faux wood shades. You can also order color samples to get a better idea of your options before you commit.
- Insulation – Shads also offer extra insulation that can reduce noise pollution from outside your bedroom to help you sleep soundly and can help keep your room at an ideal temperature for your comfort.
- Light Blockage – Light blockage is very important for bedroom shades as harsh morning light can disrupt your sleep. Look for shades that close flat in the upward direction to maximize light blockage. Most shades are not complete blackout shades, but they will keep the room dark enough to keep you comfortable while sleeping. You can also look for shades made with a light block piece that reduces the amount of light the enters between the frame and panels, or those that have overlapping panels to again minimize light. Additionally, you can get full height shades, as café style shutters leave the upper part of the window open for light to come in.
- Ease of Maintenance – Cleaning your room might not be as bad as it once was, but it’s still not fun. Shades are super easy to clean, taking away one step from your bedroom cleaning routine. Just wipe the shades down with a cloth or duster and you’re good to go.
Shades make ideal window treatments for bedrooms for these reasons and many more. What are you waiting for? Want to learn more about shades or how to dress your bedroom windows? All you have to do is get in touch with McNeill Palm. We offer a range of motorized shade services, so please pay us a visit, or give us a call to learn more about what we can do for you and your motorized shades for your bedroom.