Though the sunny days of summer might seem to be far away right now, there are still ways you can bring some stylish, summery vibes into your home with the right décor These summer decorating ideas, from adding copper finishes and greenery to installing a lanai retractable screen, are sure to reinvigorate your home and help you enjoy those summertime feelings all year round:
- Bring in Natural Light with New Window Treatments – Nothing says summer quite like bright, warm sunlight. Are your old window treatments keeping your living room dark and wintery? Upgrade them with new window blinds that can not only brighten the room but can also help with your home’s energy efficiency and comfort levels. And, though using your TV or fireplace as the focal point of your living room is a timeless choice, a great way to celebrate your new blinds and to bring in some summery feelings is to recenter the space around the outdoors. For example, turn your couch to face the windows or gather your chairs near the French or patio doors.
- Add Nautical Touches – Sailboats gliding across the warm water, sunshine, sand… what’s more like summer than that? Add subtle nautical touches to your living room to boost the summertime vibes. Subtle is the key word here, as no one wants a sailboat-themed living room. Try tossing a blue and white striped throw blanket on the couch or add a few boat-shaped decorations to your shelves. You can also choose artwork that features sandy tones, blues, and whites for more subtle ship flavor.
- Have Fun with Copper – Silver and gold make people think of the holidays and winter, but copper is all about the summer. This bronzed metal offers up glamorous metallic finishes but still keeps the space light and airy. Try adding copper in floor lighting, lamps, or candleholders, or in furniture edges or window hardware.
- Add A Lanai Retractable Screen – Want to make the most of your lanai? Complete it with a retractable screen. Adding a screen will help you enjoy your lanai even if the weather isn’t cooperating. And, after all, what makes you feel more summery than sitting in the fresh air of your lanai?
- Add Some Greenery – Green has long been symbolic for freshness, new life, and renewal. Pretty much all the things summer stands for. So, bring some summertime greenery into your living room. You can do this through paint by adding a green accent wall or green window treatments, or by bringing in some actual plants. Dangling plants in hanging baskets are wonderful options as they add both height and greenery, while classic fake plants are a wonderful option if you were born without a green thumb.
These are just a few of the many possible ways you can bring the summer into your home with your decor. Do you want more inspiration or are ready to start shopping for new lanai retractable screens? We are here to help! Stop by and visit us or give us a call today to learn more about what we can do for you.