Getting your tax refund is like getting a welcome cash influx that you can use for anything you want. From energy efficient lights to installing new motorized louvred pergolas on your home, here are some home improvements that you can use your tax refund on.
- Invest in New Windows – Your old windows aren’t just unsightly; they’re also probably costing you money. Most old windows are drafty and leaky, which can cause your HVAC system to work overtime and your electric bill to skyrocket. So why not put your tax refund to good use by using it to install replacement windows? Replacement windows will not just look good, they’ll also save you money in the long run through energy savings and might also increase the value of your home.
- Score New Window Shades – If you’re getting new window, why not finish the job and get some new window treatments, too? Most tax refunds are enough to cover the cost of new treatments like shades, blinds or shades so you can upgrade your style and your energy efficiency at the same time.
- Motorized Louvred Pergolas – Allow fresh air, sunshine, breezes and all the wonderful things about the great outdoors into your outdoor seating area while maintaining control with a motorized louvred pergola.
- Install Energy Efficient Lights – Use your tax refund to change out your lighting fixtures to be more energy efficient. Replace outdated tray lights with efficient LEDs or install some motion detectors to make sure the lights aren’t left on when they’re not in use.
- Get Energy Efficient Appliances – Another way you can use your tax refund to make your home more energy efficient is to invest in your kitchen appliances. A few one-time appliance purchases can make a big difference in the amount of energy your kitchen uses. Plus, new appliances look great and work even better. To be sure you’re getting energy efficient models, look for Energy Star labeled appliances. Also, don’t forget to measure the spaces! The last thing you want is to bring home a new dishwasher or refrigerator and not have it fit.
If you get a smaller tax refund, there are still tons of smaller renovations that will put that money towards good use like:
- Updating the drawer pulls and doorknobs for a fresh look
- Replacing the bathroom faucets and showerheads with modern, stylish models
- Adding Smart Home automations like smart plugs, smart lights, voice-activated assistants and smart speakers
While many people dread the act of doing their taxes, at least there’s a silver lining: tax refunds. Whether you’re looking for something that’s simple and stylish or a project that’s large and everlasting, there are tons of things you can do with your tax refund to put the money to good use.
McNeill Palm is here to help if you want more tips on home improvement or information on motorized louvred pergolas. We offer a wide range of services intended to help you make your home the very best they can be. Stop by and visit us or give us a call today to learn more.