If you’re willing to invest a little elbow grease, there are tons of ways you can make your home better without spending a ton of money or putting lots of time into a major renovation. From cleaning or installing motorized louvered pergolas to changing your light bulbs, here are super easy DIY home improvement ideas:
- Update Your Outdoor Space – The outside of your home needs attention, too. Clean up your landscaping, repaint your patio furniture, and invest in a motorized louvered pergola to make your yard the best it can be.
- Change Dated Fixtures – Its incredible how much-changing fixtures can change a room. Whether you’re updating frosted glass pendant lights or ripping out nasty old ceiling fans in lieu of more modern ones, spend the weekend changing your dated fixtures for a quick home update.
- Organize Your Closets – Cleaning out and organizing your closet doesn’t take any money, tools, or gadgets, but it can make a huge difference in your home. Sort your garments and other items into three piles: keep, donate, and throw away.
- Install Shelves – If you have a random wall or corner in your home that you don’t quite know what to do with, install some shelves. Floating shelves are easy to install, and they look very chic. Plus, it’s a safe bet that you could use a little more storage.
- Give Your Window Coverings Some Love – Window coverings like shutters, shades, and blinds are great, but they can get dirty if left unattended. A quick way to make your home feel like new again is to clean your window coverings. You can even repaint or re-stain them if you want to add a new pop of color.
- Make Space for Your Pet – Your furry friend deserves a space all his own, and you deserve a home that’s free from pet clutter. Take some time on your weekend to carve out a dedicated space for your pet and all his accessories.
- Add Greenery – Plants, flowers and other greenery always add life and color to a space. Worried about watering? Buy some fake plants!
- Do Some Painting – Few things update a space more than a fresh coat of paint. You can totally change the color of a room for a super new look, or you can just give the existing color a refresh.
- Organize Cords – Cords hanging off the TV, tangled by the nightstand, or snaking around your desk look plain messy. Clear away and organize your cords by investing in some cheap cord organizers and power strips.
- Clean Tile and Grout – Nothing makes a bathroom or kitchen seem older and dirtier than stained grout or tile. Buy a cheap tile and grout refreshing kit at your local hardware store or online and spend the afternoon scrubbing. It might take some elbow grease, but your kitchen and bathroom will look good as new.
Want more DIY tips or information on motorized louvered pergolas? Just pay us a visit or give us a call. After all, sometimes it’s the smallest of changes in your home that make the biggest impacts.